Spring, who? Summertime is here and we’re living for it. Things are getting back to normal; as normal as they can get at least. That means things are opening up and summer plans are rolling out.
There are two types of people in this blog post:
- Type 1 - Uses their summer to soak up the sun but they like to do that from home or near home. They like to travel other times of the year.
- Type 2 - Uses their summer months to travel, meet up with family, etc.
Both types, however, are leaning into their self care. This “break” is to help you recharge so that you can come back ready and prepared to take on another year. If you know Lovet Planners though, we believe in daily self care, no matter what time of the year it is. It’s just that your summertime is great real estate for self care. Don’t get that confused!
So how can you fully take advantage of the summer days ahead and upgrade your summer self care plans?
In this blog post, we share with you 10 ways to upgrade your summer self care plans depending on which type of person you consider yourself to be. So that’s 5 ways to upgrade per type. Ready to do this? Let’s go!
Self Care Upgrades Ideas For Type 1
(Uses their summer to soak up the sun but they like to do that from home or near home. They like to travel other times of the year.)
- Schedule your time outside. When you’re not committed to a vacation where you have to leave town, it’s easy to get stuck indoors with Netflix or other indoor activities. There’s so much Vitamin D outside though. Each day, make sure you’re spending some time outside even if it’s a 30-minute drive to enjoy the breeze through your hair.
- Plan a weekly brunch for yourself (and friends). You know that “complimentary breakfast” feeling you love from hotels during vacations? Give that feeling to yourself at home. Pick a day of the week that is your dedicated brunch day. Bonus: Make it a date with friends at home.
- Get extra with your at-home spa days. Make yourself a self care spa schedule and plan your at-home spa treatment by the hour. Print out a menu, wash and heat dry a robe so it’s nice and warm for you, etc.
- Plan an at-home itinerary. Map out your “staycation” in your Self Care Planner. Put your planning efforts that you would for summer vacation into your summer schedule. People often fall out of their schedules so hard during summer staycations that restlessness, depression, and anxiety tend to manifest easily.
- Rotate self care types each day. There are different acts of self care that nourish different parts of who you are (mind, body, heart, etc). Target those different areas. For your mind, think about what enriches your mind personally. Is it a podcast? Is it a book?
Self Care Upgrade Ideas For Type 2
(Uses their summer months to travel, meet up with family, etc.)
- Get your family into it. Self care is something we need to normalize as important. If you’re traveling as a family, make self care a conversation topic and get into self care actions together. Check out this blog post for more on how to do self care as a family.
- Try an act of self care that’s new to you. This is especially great if you’re doing destination vacations. You can scope out local attractions and popular services to treat yourself.
- Don’t stop journaling. Journaling for your mental health works! Don’t believe us? Check out this blog post. Not only does journaling during your trip help your mental health, but you’re killing two birds with one stone and logging your adventures.
- Schedule “break” days. The last thing you want to do is give yourself the feeling that you need a vacation from your vacation. Don’t overkill it by speeding through your itinerary. Plan your travels in a way that you can spare one or two days to have zero plans. Nap or wander off-schedule.
- See the world from a different perspective. Go high or go low. You’d be surprised what kind of relief you’d get from seeing the world from a different angle or perspective. Take a hike up mountains or explore trails.
Did you like this blog post? When you love it, we LOVET. Keep up to date with the latest blog posts, Lovet Planners sales, self care tips, vision board tips, and more by subscribing to receive our newsletters: CLICK HERE NOW.
Image Credit: @kamilahareed